It was only a few years ago when Samsung were nowhere near the technology giants they are now in the smartphone industry. Since then Samsung have taken the market by a storm but tablets proved to be a tough challenge for the Samsung team since Apple iPad was all over the market, dominating all other brands with ease.
Seeing the challenge in hand, Google decided to step up to the task as they collaborated with Asus to produce the Google Nexus 7 that shook the market position of Apple tablets and forced them to bring the game into the Android half.
That was Google’s first blow to Apple’s market share. Google now presents its first real contender in collaboration with tech giants Samsung, the Google Nexus 10, seeming hell bent on ruling the tablet market. For starters, the killer Retina display screen and a brand new chipset are sure to grab your eye. Accompanying these features is Google amazing price which undercuts its rivals offer by 20%.
· 10.1 inch 16M-color Super PLS TFT capacitive touchscreen with a 2560*1600 resolution and an impressive 330 ppi pixel density. The screen features the scratch resistant Corning Gorilla Glass 2.
· Dual core 1.7 GHz ARM cortex A9 processor with Exynos 5250 chipset and Mali-T604 GPU. 2GB RAM.
· Comes box packed with firmware of Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, upgradable up to 4.2.2.
· 16 and 32 GB in built storage options.
· 5MP Autofocus camera with LED flash and video recording up to 1080p at 30 fps. Secondary camera is 1.9 MP.
· Front-mounted speakers account for an exceptional sound quality.
· Micro HDMI port for video output at 1080p.
· GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS support with digital compass.
· NFC and Android Beam support and compatibility with supported devices.
· 9000 mAh Li-po battery.
· Attractive price offer will entice a higher portion of consumers.
All those features are clearly pointing to the fact that no current tablet can match the specifications and features delivered by the Google Nexus 10 right out of the box. The Google Nexus 10 will have a far easier time in covering the Android market with the exclusive features of the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean only available for the tablets and the ability for multi user access makes for a strong case in favor of the Google Nexus 10 to the tablets market for a while.