There are some tablets like the Google Nexus 7, which thrive on being sleek and smart enough to fit in your pocket unnoticeably until you need it, while there are those massive, hulky slates that are not afraid of the increasing size so that the best hardware and performance can be delivered to you. Acer Iconia W700 Windows 8 Tablet falls in the category. Being the second installment after the Iconia W510 tab, W700 not only removes the flaws of the previous version but exhibits specifications that can humiliate even the best of tablets.
The tablet being chunky and heavy is fully justified that it features the powerful Intel core i3 processor and 4 GB of RAM, allowing it to tackle applications and tasks that tablets could not before. The tablet is a must try for a Windows platform fan and it has got the performance to back it up.
· Features a 1.4 GHz Intel Core i3 processor with 4 GB of RAM.
· 11.6 inch full HD LED backlit display with a 1920*1080 resolution. The resolution provided is higher than ost of the rival tablets in the market.
· Intel HD 4000 GPU for graphics processing.
· Comes with internal storage of 64 GB.
· A full sized USB 3.0 port on the side, a micro HDMI port for HD video output.
· An auto rotation switch, power button and volume button along with a 3.5 mm audio jack on one side.
· 5MP back and 1.3 Front facing camera.
· Features the OS of Windows 8 (64-bit)
· Comes with a 3-cell battery of 4850 mAh. The battery life is impressive with 9 hours of usage in a single charge.
· Video playback is supported at 1080p and most of the popular video formats are supported.
The Acer Iconia W700 might a little chunky in weight, but it makes it up for more than with its features. The Full HD screen is very good for images and video results while the i3 core processor just packs in enough power to get things going. The tablet though, with its weight, is not intended for casual tablet fans, and it wouldn’t be prudent to say that the tablet with all the accessories like the dock and keyboard, can very well function as a laptop.